Thursday, November 18, 2021

Another one bites the dust

One never knows what a day will bring. Noticing my dog making a fuss because someone was at the front door, I opened it to find a tightly wrapped, one page, printed letter from my my youngest grandson. This young man had been ignoring me for over a year and I didn't know why. His letter was an attempt to explain why. He apparently thinks I do not deserve to be part of his life. Okay! He is twenty and entitled to his own opinion. When I think back at all the things I have done for him it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. 

Anyway I have had several hours to digest his news and I can't believe I feel relief. I no longer have a need to feel responsible for him. He is on his own. He is responsible for himself and any decisions he makes. I am free at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment