Monday, July 19, 2021

A new idea

Over time I have read many Kindle books, most for free. They all seem to have the same preface. They usually begin with a girl who either inherited property or has given up on a love life and so moves to another place. To say I was getting bored is about where I was. Most of the books I have been reading are free so I guess you get what you pay for!

I am so sick of details of a love life that goes on and on for pages. I am just as sick of books that go on and on and should have ended long before they did. I don't know how many times I have silently thought- will you please just end it!!

Looking for something new, I decided to read, "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn". Of course I had heard of the book, but I had never read it. It was written in 1943 by Betty Smith and is semi-autobiographical. So far I am loving it. I grew up during the same years and although I have never lived in New York, I can relate to many of the experiences shared by the author. I am happy that I followed my intuition and purchased this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment