Friday, March 26, 2021

Now

I found a quote on Facebook that caused me to think about it, as a former friend would say. It was, "Trust where life is taking you; do not interfere with your "now".

I began thinking about my now. I am sitting at my computer, in my pajamas, sipping a cup of coffee.I have already done some exercises, trying to keep myself as fit as possible, for my 83 years of life.Other than that, where am I now?

I seem to be in a waiting mode. I am waiting for an appointment in the morning, waiting for a new washing machine to be delivered on Monday, waiting for my second virus shot on April 6th, so I can be fully vaccinated, waiting for my son to have time to help publish my latest book on Amazon, waiting for the weather to improve to rake up the leaves from last fall, waiting for my stimulus check to arrive, waiting for my family to notice that I am still alive.

Guess I could say I am a person in waiting. One who is not truly living today. I wonder how many other people are also living in that space? 

It seems many of us, especially in the last year, are waiting for things to get better. It appears I need to stop doing that and live in the present as author, Eckhart Tolle, suggests.  


No comments:

Post a Comment