Saturday, February 27, 2021

Reaching out

Sometimes it is so weird what happens when I follow my intuition. I just finished crocheting twenty winter caps and wanted to donate them to help the homeless. I had posted a picture of some of them on Facebook asking if anyone knew of a group helping the homeless. Nothing happened. I ordered more yarn and continued making the caps until I had twenty and used up all the yarn I had on hand.

Yesterday I sent a message to a friend who I knew at one time had volunteered at our local Outreach Center. She, in turn called the local Pastor, who was in charge, to tell him what I had to offer. He suggested that I contact the Outreach Center to see if they could use the caps. The phone was answered by a nice gentleman who enthusiastically said yes, he could use them.

Ten minutes later I arrived at the building and with bag in hand, got out of the car. As I stepped onto the curb, I was met by the man I had talked to on the phone. He gratefully accepted what I had for him and thanked me. It made me feel very happy that I had followed my intuition and kept making the caps, even though I had no idea what I was supposed to do with them. Someone did, I just hadn't received that message yet!

Hopefully, my gift will keep a few homeless souls in our community a little bit warmer for the rest of the winter than they would have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment