Friday, February 26, 2021

Life is getting boring

It's been almost a year since this pandemic began and it is getting more than a little boring. Wearing a mask is becoming a part of daily life, but I am sick of staying home and relying on Social Media for my daily contact with other people. Life is getting plain boring!

It's hard to come up with anything new to write on my blog, when nothing new is happening.

Today I decided to share a couple of poems that I wrote in 2001. I do not consider myself a poet, but sometimes I make the effort. So here goes-

Lessons

Life is full of everyday lessons

Based on experiences each has had

Endings always signal beginnings 

Adding new experiences to our past.

Slowly waking and accepting

Lessons needed to stay on our path. 

 

Forget it

What are you going to do when what you want and believe in

doesn't seem to be coming true? 

Forget it? Forget it!

Like chicken soup a little hard work is good for you

For anything worth having is worth the struggle too.

If it came too easy just by holding out your hand

You would worry and wonder and not understand.

Believing and working to always do your best

makes more than the getting the valuable quest. 

What are you going to do when what you want and believe in

doesn't seem to be coming true? 

Forget it? Forget it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment