Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Making new memories

While others were busy celebrating Memorial Day my son and I were busy making new memories in our yard. It appears to be time to start over, so to speak. No one can say we aren't determined.

First, after looking at the trim on the old playhouse I decided it was time to do some much needed painting. This structure had originally been built for my daughter when she was a toddler. She is almost 39 years old. My grandson used it briefly and called it "my clubhouse". It is still in good condition, but badly needed some paint.
 

Next we needed to try once again to grow some produce. We have decided our water probably has too much chlorine and is interfering with the growth of plants. So, after my son got a 60 gallon water container and put chemicals in it to fix the problem we are trying once again.

We decided to start with container plants on the deck. We planted a tomato, green chile, green and yellow peppers, green beans and zucchini. They seem to be doing pretty well with the new water supply.


Encouraged, my son created his own version of a raised bed and we picked up a few more plants including: strawberries, watermelon, Roma tomatoes, Acorn squash and asparagus. Now we just have to wait, water and see what happens. 

I also decided to try once again to plant some Cosmo seeds. Keeping my fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment