Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Let's do this

Last Friday I found out the results of my uric acid blood test and  my PA does not believe I had another attack of gout, although the level was higher than is considered normal. Apparently my foot problem was cellulitis, which is an infection. It now appears to be healed, by the way.

That still leaves the question, why is my body producing a high level of uric acid? According to the Mayo Clinic this problem can be attributed to taking thiazide diuretics, in other words a water pill for high blood pressure. When I got the call from my doctor's office I was told my PA did not think it had anything to do with the problem. How he arrived at that conclusion I have no idea. I would think the Mayo Clinic would know what they are talking about.

Yesterday, Monday, I got another call from my doctor's office advising me to not take the water pill for awhile and monitor my blood pressure ( it is not the only BP medication I am taking). So as of this morning I eliminated the water pill, which is what I wanted to try in the first place. Geez will no one listen to me?!

As I previously mentioned I could be wrong, but it is worth a try. Something is causing a problem and I want to know what that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment