Sunday, May 6, 2018

Does a family tree matter?

Trying to sort out a family tree can get very frustrating at times. That's what I have been doing for the last few days. I'm not sure if it really matters.

I have been able to go back to my 7th great grand parents on the maternal side of my father's family.  At the same time I can't find one relative of my father's father before he immigrated from Sweden in 1888.

On the other side of my family I was able to go back to my 6th great grandparents on my mother's paternal grandmother's side. Again not one single relative belonging to her paternal grandfather. I am beginning to see a trend because the same thing is true of my mother's maternal grandparents.

After all this work I am wondering just how much a family tree matters. I did connect with some cousins who I didn't know I had, so that's a good thing. It is interesting to see where everyone came from. It also has answered a few questions I had been carrying around for years so perhaps it was worth the work involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment