Friday, November 10, 2017

A closer look

My stress test results are back and it does appear that I have an artery problem. I was informed the test is 85% correct. So next I am scheduled for a cardiac catherization on November 29th.

The test doesn't scare me but knowing a portion of my heart is not working properly and having to wait for the procedure is freaking me out a bit. Staying calm is not something I do well.

On the good side the procedure will be done at a new Presbyterian hospital in Albuquerque and I now believe I have a very good cardiologist.  Depending on what is done to fix the problem I may or may not  have to stay overnight. I like those kind of hospital stays!

At least I now know what is going on with my fluctuating blood pressure and pulse and we are looking at a path to fix the cause. It is really nice to know it is not all in my mind.

I will be awake during the procedure and can look at the monitors to also get a closer look at what is going on inside.The medical progress that has occurred in recent years is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment