Wednesday, October 18, 2017

It's your attitude that counts

Yesterday my primary care person, Ben, and I discussed the results of my recent spinal MRI. Considering the assessment I should be in a lot of pain. He said he has had patients with less problems than I have, crawling into his office. Sometimes I feel as if I should apologize for not being in pain. I have decided it is the attitude I choose to use.

Things are not what they were ten years ago or even ten months ago when I had a spinal CT scan, but that's life.When you age stuff happens.You can either accept it and do what you can to help the situation or feel sorry for yourself and drain the energy of everyone around you. Guess which one I choose?

I have never been a poor me person, but I know people who have and it sucks.

Both Ben and I decided before the results came in that surgery is way off and may not ever happen. He is suggesting pain injections, but I vetoed that for now. I am just not in a lot of pain. My thought is to accept what is at the moment and do everything I can to keep things from getting worse. With that thought I am going to push myself to go back to getting more regular exercise.Stretching and sitting in front of my computer just doesn't qualify.

So I renewed my membership in a local fitness room and I will soon be off to keep my promise to myself to keep moving. It is my attitude that counts after all.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment