Friday, October 27, 2017

All is well that ends well

My patience with the cardiologist I was sent to was wearing very thin so I took matters into my own hands.

Yesterday was three weeks since my initial appointment with this doctor. First I waited for his notes from that visit to be transcribed. That shouldn't have taken two weeks, but it did. Is there no communication between the doctor and the transcriber I wondered?

Tuesday I was told we were just waiting for the doctor to sign the order for the tests he wanted, to make sure there was nothing wrong with my heart. Signing your name to a piece of paper shouldn't take two days. Yesterday marked three weeks since my visit. I had endured enough crap. I really don't care if he is a cardiologist or a general practitioner this is unacceptable! So I called my PA's nurse so see if she could find out when my tests are scheduled at our local hospital.

Within an hour I had a call from the radiation department at the hospital to set up the tests for next week. It's a good thing I don't expect anything earth shaking to show up in the results, but this waiting is making my blood pressure rise unnecessarily. I will have an echo cardiogram on Monday and a stress test on Thursday.

Since the tests have taken three weeks to get scheduled it has given me time to check in at the Future Foundations fitness room and use the treadmill as well as the other machines that are offered in preparation for the stress test. I don't anticipate any problems- I hope!

At least by next week it will all be in the past and I will continue to use my one year membership in the fitness room because I can already see the difference in body parts that needed to remember to move.

All is well that ends well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment