Sunday, March 8, 2015

Picture perfect

Over the years I have taken some wonderful pictures with very inexpensive cameras. I have never considered myself to be a photographer. I always think of a friend who told me the gift is in the eye of the photographer, not in the lens of the camera. This same person stated that I have a talent for framing. That still doesn't make me a photographer. I just enjoy taking pictures, especially of natural things like clouds, trees, water and rocks.

This morning a quote attributed to the late Leonard Nimoy caught my eye. It was: "A life is like a garden, perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory." The quote was accompanied by a beautiful picture of a garden on the edge of a body of water. It not only caught my eye, but reminded me of this photo I took, probably ten years ago. It is of the Animas River, flowing through Farmington, New Mexico and is probably the most perfect picture I have ever taken.

The memory of this picture also reminds me of a happier time and includes my daughter and grandson, who was about two at the time. We had spent the weekend in Colorado and stopped at this beautiful spot. I couldn't resist getting it on film.

I would like to share another picture of this river because I accidentally caught the tree branches as the universe painted them in gold. That is my grandson enjoying the rocks at the edge of the river.

Leonard Nimoy was not entirely correct, perfect moments can be preserved, if you have a camera and follow your intuition.

No comments:

Post a Comment