Thursday, July 17, 2014

Why so young?

Early Monday morning yet another young person, 23 years old, moved on to another realm. She was driving home on the interstate when the driver of a semi truck fell asleep and abruptly ended her life. It leaves me wondering why so young?

I didn't really know the young woman, but I do know her father and step-mother. It must really shake up one's world to have a child leave earth before the parent. That's not supposed to happen, but it does. I am grateful that I have not had this experience.

If we had a crystal ball and could see into the future a bit would it change how we treat others? If we knew how little time we had would we stop making such a fuss about the little things that happen in our everyday life? Would we be more accepting of things that don't please us, knowing that we all have our own purpose and what others do say and think is really none of our business?

At my advanced age it is sometimes hard for me to understand why I am still here and much younger souls are not. When things like this happen I still ask why so young?

No comments:

Post a Comment