Friday, April 4, 2014

A funny thing happened

Interesting what happens when one lets the universe decide issues!

Spring break is fast approaching and our family center will be offering a place for students to hang out. Only charging $10 per child for 4 days is pretty cheap babysitting for parents who work. For some reason I thought I would have the time off or at least only work 3 or 4 hours each day. I spent more time than I should have going back and forth trying to decide what was going to happen and adding up the money that could be on my paycheck. Although money isn't really the issue it is nice to accumulate extra bucks from time to time. I finally decided just to let whatever was going to happen do just that.

When I went to work yesterday afternoon I got a huge surprise! As I looked over the newly completed Spring Break schedule I saw that I will be working full time for a total of 32 hours. What is even better is that I will have varied duties throughout the day instead of being anchored in the computer lab for 8 hours. I even get to spend an hour outside with the kids and a one hour lunch break is schedueled.

I don't remember the last time I worked full time doing anything so it will be a challenge, but it is only for 4 days and I am sure they will go by fast. If the universe didn't think I could handle it I am sure it wouldn't be happening. And I still get a 4 day vacation from Good Friday to Easter Monday!

Good job guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment