Saturday, February 27, 2010

Looking for Love

Before I went to sleep last night I had a one way conversation with God. I asked to be able to understand why I have yet to find the companion I have been praying for? When I woke this morning the answer was crystal clear and wiped out any negative thoughts I had conjured up, including that I am being punished for past actions.

Shortly after my divorce, 11 years ago, a male friend told me I needed to learn how to take care of myself before adding anyone new to my life. A female friend also stated we can’t love anyone else until we love our self. Perhaps the advice was a prophecy from above passed on to guide me on my journey.

This morning I finally understood why God has so far refused to give me what I have been praying for. I clearly see that until I learned to take care of my own problems, material and psychological, and learned to love myself there was no point in giving me what I was asking for. I would have simply repeated my past once again.

Instead of being angry I am grateful. I have worked hard to accomplish what was asked of me. I believe I have done my part and eagerly await the companion I have been expecting for so long. Perhaps he is just around the next corner.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you every happiness. I can see you love to write. We share that passion. I don't have a degree in writing either, only one of the heart. They don't intimidate me either. lol I write for Examiner.com I think you would make a great Examiner. They are always looking for people who have a passion for writing and they have a great "local feel" to their articles. I write as the Lexington ADHD Examiner Check out my articles at
    http://www.examiner.com/x-36254-Lexington-ADHD-Examiner I write about ADHD because my eleven yr. old son has ADHD, Autism, Bipolar, and ODD. It is a subject near and dear to my heart and that's what Examiner looks for in it's writers. I see from your Face book page that you have interests in freelance writing, photography, cooking, entertaining, Crafts In General, anything spiritual, people, and chocolate just to name a few.lol What you can do is visit
    Examiner in your city and state of NM. You will notice at the top of my Examiner page a
    "Select Your City" button; from there you can check out Examiner in your city. Near the top of the page you will notice the tabs; on the far right click write for us. You can search all available topics in your area to write about. I hope you find a topic that interests you. Let me know how it goes. Don't forget to put "Devona Fryer" as your referrer. After filling out your personal information, you'll notice a box at the bottom that says, "How did you hear about Examiner.com?" It is in this section you can give credit to "Devona Fryer" as your referrer. After you put in my name click the search button. You will see my name appear below. Click on my name and confirm that I was the one who referred you to Examiner.com. Then continue to fill out the rest of the application. Good luck and I can't wait to see your up and coming articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Devona and thank you for checking follow. Two years ago I did a short stint as a "foster Grandparent" at a local grade school. My job was to help an ADHD student. It didn't work out very well because I could not get any information on how to deal with the child and had no experience. The teacher didn't know much more than I did. There should be more information available on this subject. Thanks again for your suggestion and I will check it our as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete