Friday, February 19, 2010

Just Keep Walking

For the last 14 months I have been walking for an hour five days a week in the gym of our local family center. It is free so it fits my income just fine. There are a few of us who walk regularly and there are those who look for any excuse to stay home. I believe since it is free I can't afford to pass up the opportunity. Also, like many people I have no insurance, so it is important for me to do everything possible to stay healthy. I do my part and leave the rest up to God.

My lower back has been hurting this week and I have had to force myself to walk. I got about half way through this morning when my left leg began to hurt too. I was on the verge of talking myself into quitting when I began looking around the gym. There was a man who had broken his back in several places from a motorcycle accident a couple of years ago. He was walking slowly, but he was walking, as well as another man who is on oxygen part of the time. An older lady using a walker was going at her own pace, but she was also walking.

As I observed the role models God had placed in my path this morning I began a silent internal conversation. It ended with "If these people can walk what is your problem? Just keep walking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment