Thursday, March 7, 2024

A voice from the past

I have been going through some things and doing some sorting. This morning I ran across this gem that appeared in the Cibola County Beacon sometime in 2000. I couldn't resist re-posting the message.

Dear Editor,

This is an appeal to the citizens of Grants and surrounding areas. Please return my first name. It is not Mrs.. It was Barbara when I was born and I need it back. Donald Gunn, a.k.a. Don or Donnie and I have been divorced since July 9, 1999.

I have lived in this town for 24 years, know almost everyone and have  two jobs in public relation fields. I would think, word of mouth being what it is, people would have noticed I am no longer married.

I would go to the top of Mt Taylor and yell, "my name is no longer Mrs.", but since my divorce I no longer yell.

I am a freestanding, self sufficient female, only responsible for myself, my dog, Buffy, who is unfortunately pregnant and my cat Cleo, who couldn't get pregnant if she wanted to.

Please, my name is Barbara not Mrs.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment