Thursday, May 12, 2022

Grants,NM

 I have been reading  the Kindle book, "The Darling Songbirds". It is about a small Western ton that is slowly dying. It reminded me of the town I live in, Grants,NM. I moved to Grants in 1980 and I have seen a lot of ups and downs.It became famous for its uranium, among other things over the years. As I look around today there are numerous empty buildings. People just can't stay in business with all that the pandemic has brought in its wake. 

The one good thing I have always noticed is that we really have great weather. Even though the rest of the state seems to be dealing with fires, we are not. We also do not have tornadoes, hurricanes or earthquakes. It just seems like a really safe place to live. I originally found it a little difficult to get used to, as it is mostly made up of Spanish and Native American residents.

I am not sure what will happen in the book I am reading or what will happen to Grants, but as the saying goes, whatever will be will be. I can't afford to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment