Friday, April 15, 2022

Pain is pain

Well I have been here before. For the last 10 days or so I have had severe pain in my left foot. At times I have had to use a cane to get around. I have had two appointments with my chiropractor to see if the pain was being caused by something in my upper leg or back. It was determined that it was probably gout. I tried getting a walk in appointment with my provider, but nothing was available. Being a holiday weekend, my only option was a visit to the ER. As I pulled in to the parking lot I noticed a couple of handicap spaces near the entrance. I also remembered that I had a temporary placard from the MVD. When it came in the mail I was thinking I wonder why they sent it. Anyway, my foot hurt and I thought- why not! I placed it on the dash and went inside.

A very nice young orderly directed me to a seat in the hallway. Since it was just my foot I really didn't need a room. After I was seen by the doctor she agreed it was a flareup of gout. I was given two colchicne pills and another to take in an hour. That was it! I was then released 

This morning there is still pain and the swelling is down, but I assume it will get better in time. I was glad I followed my chiropractor's advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment