Sunday, April 17, 2022

Are you serious?

I have been a member of Ancestry.com for several years. I can't believe what they get by with. I have been checking on my ethnicity for some time and it makes me laugh. Since 1920 it has listed Scotland as a major source of ancestors. For the life of me I don't know where they came from. Yesterday the count went down to 11%, putting England and NW Europe in first place with 21% and Sweden in second place with 17%. That's actually more like it! 

The other thing that really makes me angry is the people who claim a relationship just because Ancestry says so. In my own family I apparently have a niece whose father was supposed to be my brother. He is now deceased and knew nothing of her existence. There is also a rather pushy lady who claims my grandmother gave birth to her father and put him up for adoption. I am not even touching that one, even though she has glomed onto all my pictures etc. and relatives, claiming them to be hers. Both of these people had there very own relatives before Ancestry got involved. How many families does one person need I wonder?   

I think Ancestry.com needs to get their act together and stop interfering with people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment