Friday, June 11, 2021

Hot is hot cold is cold

 Yesterday I had started a load of clothes in the washer when I remembered I had left a key in the pocket of a pair of pants. Raising the lid and sticking my hand in the washer before it filled up with water proved to be a surprise I hadn't expected. The water was very hot and was supposed to be cold. Yikes! When my son came home I told him what happened and he said he would check it.

Today he found the problem. Cold is supposed to be a blue faucet and red is supposed to be a hot one. The faucets had been put on the wrong hoses. So when the washer was installed, hot was cold and cold was hot. It's a good thing I stuck my hand in or we would never have known what was happening. I imagine my gas bill will be a little lower too.

No comments:

Post a Comment