Saturday, May 29, 2021

Goodbye Ebony

My female cat of 17 years died suddenly last night. She slowly walked into my son's bedroom, sprawled out on the floor and took her last breath. I was happy she didn't seem to suffer. We still need to decide where to bury her. I'm thinking in the front yard between two lilac bushes. 

I got Ebony when she was a kitten. She was the first pet I acquired after my divorce. When she was a year old she became the mother of four kittens. The first one I discovered sprawled out on the bathroom floor. I put him in the basket I had provided for her to give birth in. She didn't have the other three until the next morning. Since she was the first pet I had ever had that was pregnant I didn't realize she was having a problem. All four kittens survived and I kept the first of the bunch and named him Smokey. I still have him.

Ebony has never been the people cat that her son is. She was particular who she made up to. She did appear to like my son though. She and my dog Ejay had an up and down relationship, but generally speaking they got along pretty well. So this post is a goodbye to Ebony. She will be missed.  



No comments:

Post a Comment