Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Do not bully me

I just saw a picture of a young boy who was born with a mouth full of horrible teeth and was bullied until he got them fixed. It reminded me of my own life growing up and I wondered just what's with these kids nowadays?

I guess I was bullied, especially as a child, I had just never heard the word. In addition to the crooked teeth problem I also began wearing glasses when I was about four or so. And yes these facts did affect my self-esteem for many years, but I survived and eventually grew to believe in myself. Today I don't really care what anyone else thinks about me. I am who I am and if people don't like what they see- tough!

After seeing the picture of the little boy with the horrible teeth I decided to check out quotes about bullying just for the heck of it and to give my readers something to think about. Bullying does hurt even if you aren't familiar with the word.

Knowing what's right doesn't mean much unless you do what's right. ~Theodore Roosevelt

If they don't like you for being yourself, be yourself even more. ~Taylor Swift

I wish every day could be Halloween. We could all wear masks all the time. Then we could walk around and get to know each other before we got to see what we looked like under the mask.~RJ. Palacio

A young outcast will often feel there is something wrong with himself, but as he gets older, grows more confident in who he is, he will adapt. He will begin to feel there is something wrong with everyone else. ~Criss Jami, Killosophy

People who repeatedly attack your confidence and self-esteem are well aware of your potential, even if you are not. ~Wayne Trotman

Bullying is a horrible thing. It sticks with you forever, but only if you let it. ~Heather Brewer

As a friend of mine used to tell me, "Think about it".

No comments:

Post a Comment