Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Just floating around learning and growing

My attempt to find lost cousins has not been successful as yet. Also the majority of my known relatives have rejected me because my actions do not fit their idea of how I should act/speak/write. It seems to me that the universe is quite happy just letting me float around unattached.

This morning I found an inspirational piece that fit my situation and here it is.

There are a few souls who have stuck with me no matter what and I am grateful for them. It is hard to let go of the hurt that the others have caused me. I wonder just how long a person is supposed to pay for a mistake? A few years ago a young person informed me that their are no mistakes and I tend to believe she was right. Out of the mouths of babes!

I think the negative things we choose to do in a human lifetime are simply experiences meant to be lessons to help us grow. When we learn the lesson we stop doing those things.

Sometimes the people who have judged us for past behavior, unsuitable to them, never take the time to see that we have changed.

For instance; I remember when I stopped smoking back in 1999, after many years of the ugly habit, my daughter still saw me as a smoker. Oddly, she has had no problem exposing her son to second hand smoke from others, including her father (my ex-husband) who still smokes. Think about that for a moment.

It is very sad when others are unable to give someone credit for learning and growing. They continue on their judgmental course and the relationship often becomes unbearable.

I am ending today's post with a quote from the amazing, Maya Angelou that just seems to fit. "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better do better."

No comments:

Post a Comment