Saturday, November 7, 2015

Closer and closer

I am now 25 days from completing DNA cycle #11 and beginning another.

I have been thinking about the experiences that have been presented to me, especially in the last two DNA cycles. I have pretty much been left on my own to deal with whatever problems come up. They have included physical, relationship and financial situations. As I look back, I can now see that they were part of the story plot that I agreed to before I became human to teach me that I am extremely capable of caring for myself. An added bonus was to learn that I do not need to carry the weight of other people's problems on my shoulders. They were created with everything they need to take care of their own challenges.

Some of the major relationships I have struggled with have been with very strong individuals with addictive traits who tried to pull me in to their addictions. I came close on more than one occasion, but I now feel that my guide/angels/creator always kept a firm hold on my physical and mental being. Many of those souls have acted as mirrors for me to see the person I never want to be.

Because of these near misses I ended up believing in myself and becoming stronger than I have ever been in this and previous lives. Perhaps a purpose of this life was to learn this lesson. It seems that even as a child I was always on the "inside looking out". That may sound backwards to some, but it is how I grew up feeling. It reminds me of a poem by Edwin Markham(1852-1940)that reads like this:

He drew a circle that shut me out; heretic, rebel, a thing to flout.

But love and I had the wit to win; we drew a circle that took him in.

It also reminds me of a poem I wrote in 2001 titled Lessons.

Life is full of everyday lessons

based on experiences each has had.

Endings always signal beginnings

adding new experiences to our past.

Slowly waking and accepting

lessons needed to stay on our path.

No comments:

Post a Comment