Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Should I or shouldn't I?

I just spent the last couple of weeks taking care of the things that needed doing before my surgery. The last chore were getting my dog groomed, paying the plumber for my latest water pipe problem and touching up the paint on the bathroom ceiling from the recent leak damage. I have had way too much to deal with lately and I hope this trend is coming to an end.

I also had my hair cut shorter than usual and just for the fun of it decided it would be an ideal time to change the color. Since I was actually born a platinum blonde (that could explain a lot) my hair has naturally and unnaturally been a number of shades of blonde/brown through the years, with a lot of my father's red peeking out, as a teenager.

So to make a long story short, I purchased a box of reddish blonde. It sat on my bathroom counter for several days while I decided if I was brave enough to use it. Today I was!

I was almost afraid to look in the mirror to check out what I had done. I kept saying, please don't let it be too red. When I looked, I decided it wasn't exactly what I had expected, but it really wasn't that bad. The red took more in some areas than others, giving it an interesting color. I was going for different, to go with my new hip, so I guess I will just have to get used to both.

Anyway, nobody at the hospital where I will only be spending a couple of days has ever seen me before. The nurses will most likely be more concerned with my therapy than my hair color. I still have a couple of weeks before the event so I could recolor it, but I think I will just let it grow out naturally; proving that I should have and I am not sorry that I did. So there!

Not too red I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment