Saturday, September 30, 2023

Who knew?

Wow Ancestry.com is good! I just got an email announcing something new. For a small fee I can explore my traits and see where they come from. As an example they offered freckles and not liking cilantro. I already know freckles are from my father's side, but how did they know I don't like cilantro? I didn't feel like spending more money to find out.

There are a lot of strange things that come through on that site. One thing omitted is my life as a small child. I know I was born in 1937 in Ketchikan, Alaska, followed by a brother's birth 13 months later, but I have no memory of living in Alaska nor the boat trip to Washington State. I find that really odd as I had to have been at least three. It is almost like something wiped out my early memory. Perhaps it was the anesthesia trauma from surgery as a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment