Sunday, July 24, 2022

Goodbye Ejay

Last night we had to take my dog, Ejay, to the 24 hour vet in Albuquerque. He saw his usual doctor on Friday and was given an antibiotic and pain pills. The doctor really had no idea what was wrong. Saturday was Ejay's last day on earth. He had suffered several seizures and could barely walk by this time. He was diagnosed with a brain tumor that would probably get worse. I was given the option of having an MRI done, but living mostly on Social Security, I really couldn't afford it. I couldn't stand for him to have any more seizures so with the help of my son we chose to have him euthanized.

This may sound stupid but I keep thinking of his last meal that he ate before making the trip to the vet. He had cut up pork roast, spinach and his dog food. Oh and he begged for some of my meat too. At least he had a good last meal! I hope we made the best decision for him and that he is now at peace. He was a really good dog and lived for ten plus years. I wish I had been more patient with him though.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment