Friday, June 3, 2022

Small Towns

I really like living in a small town. I have decided that reputation counts. I have lived here since 1980. Twice recently I have needed a repairman and one popped up almost immediately. First I needed an appliance repairman for my oven that decided not to heat. I called someone I knew from years ago and my oven was fixed within the day. This morning I discovered that one of my toilets was not flushing. There wasn't even any water in the tank. Without even thinking about it I called the number for the local plumber I have used for years. Again, within the day the problem was solved. I am sure these problems would have been put on hold for perhaps days in a large town where nobody knew me. Again I am grateful that I live in a small town.

No comments:

Post a Comment