Friday, June 24, 2022

A step in the right direction

This morning I saw a FB post by my granddaughter-in-law, who is currently separated from my grandson. She wrote_ "9 years ago. Some people never really change." Her post caused me to respond- "Sometimes things are very clear and we refuse to see them."

Awhile later this interaction caused me to think about my past relationships with my two ex-husbands.

The first one occurred in 1959 and lasted 13 years. He was a serial cheater and I refused to see it. His best friend told me, "good luck". I should have listened! The jerk even tried to date one of my brides maids before our wedding. There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

My second experience occurred in 1972 and lasted 27 years. Talk about blind! I knew he drank, we met in a bar for crying out loud! I told him not to drink before our ceremony. Seriously! As the Priest said you may kiss your bride I smelled the evidence- but it was too late. 27 years later I finally got fed up with his drinking and especially his lies!

No comments:

Post a Comment