Friday, October 8, 2021

Prevention

 This morning I am asking myself is a tetanus shot really necessary? The last time I had an appointment with my PA he strongly suggested that I update mine since I couldn't remember the last time I had one. Good grief it seems all doctors want to do is attach a needle to your arm! Well anyway I decided to agree. Now I am thinking it was no doubt a good idea. About a month later I was petting my male cat and he decided to take a chunk out of my arm. It was the only time in 16 years that he had ever taken a bite. I immediately remembered the tetanus shot and thought someone was watching out for me. This morning I was putting something on my back porch and caught my arm on the door frame in the process. As I looked at the damage I saw the wound was worse than I thought. A piece of skin was peeled back and was bleeding. After attending to the wound I again remembered the shot I had agreed to and again thought someone was watching out for me. 

Okay you can stop now, enough is enough and I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment