Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Personal stuff

A post just floated by on my Facebook newsfeed that caught my attention. It actually annoyed me so I decided it might make an interesting blog post. The post was written by a mature male who is about to get married, probably not for the first time. It read: Why air personal stuff on here unless attention grabbing?

People post personal "stuff" on social media for many reasons and I don't agree that it is for attention. There were two responses to his question. The first was, "Sometimes sharing what we are going through helps others to not feel alone." The second was, "Sometimes we need support from friends." I believe both are really good reasons for posting personal experiences.

This man is about to get married so I assume he has someone to talk to about whatever might be causing him stress. Not everyone is that fortunate and sometimes just need to get the stress out in the open. Yes, many times it is a call for feedback. What's wrong with that? That's what friends are for.

Ever since a friend asked me if I ever read what I write I have made it a point to do just that. I often go back and reread something I wrote years ago and end up thinking, wow that's really good. I believe quite often our soul mind blurts out things that it wants our human mind to rehash. I had a friend long ago who used to say "think about it". Perhaps sometimes it is simply a way to get it out of it's hiding place and into the universe so the help we seek can become available.

Those are my thoughts on the subject of posting personal stuff. I see no reason not to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment