Sunday, August 20, 2017

I want my house back

My oldest son who will be 57 on Christmas day has been living with me since June of 2014. He was having a difficult time in Colorado and I offered to give him a place to live. He finally had no choice but to accept my offer. It was a temporary offer that I did not mean to be for the rest of his life! Apparently I didn't make that clear because he is sill here and is having trouble remembering that this is my house not his, although he and my youngest grandson will inherit it someday.

He moved in with a truck load of stuff that was important to him. He took over my 20' by 20' addition, my guest bedroom and the guest bathroom. He also has his extras stored wall to wall in my large shed, making it useless to me and my needs. For all this space he is only giving me $300 month. I dare him to find a deal like that anywhere else.

In addition to the space he also has free use of my washer and dryer and enjoys dinner every night when he comes home from work, before he vanishes into his large computer room. A meaningful conversation consisting of more than a few words from him would be totally out of character.

Although he has had several raises at work he does not offer an increase in what he is giving me. When I mentioned that fact his response was, "do you work there?"

I have reminded him that all of my utilities have gone up since he moved in. And even though he does buy and cook some things over the weekends, so has my grocery bill. In his favor he does do some yard work etc.when the mood strikes him. 

Last night he mentioned that the faucet in his bathtub had been dripping for a few days. I asked why he hadn't told me sooner. His response was, "Then you would have had a bill for the plumber". He said he was planning to take care of it today. Hold on because the end of this one sided story is coming up!

When I checked things out I saw it wasn't a drip, the water was coming out in a steady stream. To make a long story short he went to the store to get some tools, attempted to fix the problem, made it worse and finally admitted it was beyond his ability. Really?! The end of that story is I have a call into my faithful plumber who always comes to my rescue, but since it is Sunday that won't be until Monday at least, which leaves us with no water for the rest of the day.

I woke up this morning already having a silent conversation with God and his angels about my situation. I don't want to make my son angry; after all he is the only one of my three adult children who even knows I exist. If the powers that be would find him a great job, let's say in Albuquerque, and he moved himself and all his belongings there wow I could get my house back.



























No comments:

Post a Comment