Saturday, January 16, 2010

WAITING

It is the middle of January and I am waiting for something good to happen. I have two short stories and three poems entered in several writing contests. The wait is almost over to discover if any submission was considered good enough to win or place. I feel one or two just might have been, but then I am not the judge.

I am passionate about inspirational writing. Sometimes I read something I have written and think, wow that’s really good. It is those times that I consciously acknowledge the unseen help that I know I have. I can’t possibly be that smart all by myself. Perhaps I am simply a good listener and pass on what I am given to others.

When I first started writing I believed I had a muse and then I became aware of a spiritual guide whom I called Richard. I either wore him out or he is still on the vacation I suggested he take. Lately I have had the assistance of the Archangel Jophiel who gently insists I filter challenges through his/her positive eyes. It changes my perspective- a lot.

So while waiting for something good to happen I continue writing with the hope that what I write will help someone else.

6 comments:

  1. Barbara,
    I hope your wait is productive. I too re-read some of my journaling and say "Wow! I couldn't have written that!" :) The truth is, we did not write it totally on our own. That's why my blog's name is simply that "A Pencil in the Hand of God" I know the gift and inspiration is from Hm.

    I am so excited to see that you visited my site today and even followed. I hope you read something that can be a blessing to you as well

    Hope the wait isn't too long!
    Blessings
    Patrina <")>><

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not the first time I have visited your site, but this time I realized our messages come from the same source; we simply have a different way of expressing them. How boring if we all said the same thing in exactly the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara,

    I believe spirit led you to me, and me back to you. I so much enjoyed reading your posts and feel I have found a kindred spirit. I look forward to "tuning in" to your continued inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cynthia. I found you on WOW! Women on Writing. Following my intuition reaps surprising rewards. If you ever wish to communicate in a less public manner please feel free to use my email address: Begunn37@q.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting and thought provoking way of thinking about your gifts. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sarah. I am enjoying the honesty with which you write your blog.

    ReplyDelete