Sunday, January 3, 2010

An Insightful Non-Conformist

At exactly the right moment after all preparations have been met the universe snaps its creative fingers and a soul wakes up. I am a single retired mother of three adults and grandmother of four. I dislike being shoved into the category of senior citizen. In 1999, with no warning, the universe decided it was time for me to wake up from my hum drum life and consciously participate in the task of finding out who I really am.

Many of my experiences (sometimes called Awakening, Shaumbra or Kundalini) were frightening and left me feeling that I was going crazy. I not only survived but I am grateful for the experience. It made me stronger. Other experiences led me to become a passionate inspirational writer who always seeks new opportunities to share my experiences.

The most important lesson I have learned is to always follow my intuition because I know it is my Creator offering guidance. I have known for some time that I am different than most people and until recently tried in vain to fix what I believed to be a problem. On New Years day 2010 I took an online test just for the fun of it and discovered that I am a 100% non-conformist. Yippee!!

Then it dawned on me that this uniqueness is not a negative thing but rather a gift to be shared with others. Why fix something that isn't broken?

Although it is fun to be a non-conformist in a conformist world it can sometimes be lonely because people don't understand. For instance, I am not trying to be hurtful when I say things that make them feel uncomfortable- just truthful according to me. I am not afraid to disagree with people no matter their title or economic status. My opinion counts too!

I have a strong sense of right and wrong that might differ from the majority. Honesty is #1. I also have a super strong one on one connection with my Creator that does not require organized religion. I feel that most man made rules are outmoded and do not apply to me.

For the most part I keep my own schedule and do what makes me happy and now that I know I am not broken the future will no doubt be even happier. My 2010 goal is to attract and communicate with others in the same boat. Perhaps I need to fish in a different pond.

2 comments:

  1. You are not broken, Barbara! You made me smile with that last line. "Perhaps I need to fish in a different Pond". That was such a great line. I'm still smiling. I was ready to stop fishing a week or so ago. But the Lord keeps encouraging me to press on. After all, He has called me to be a fisherman.

    I do pray that you too can find others to join you in your boat and that you are an encouragement to many. I admire you for putting your life out here on a line...and going fishing.

    Maybe try thowing your net on the other side of the boat? :)

    Happy New Year

    Patrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement Patrina. I needed that today. I'm glad I gave you cause to smile!
    Truthfully I would be happy for one like soul going in the same direction, but you probably already knew that.

    ReplyDelete