Monday, October 14, 2024

A New Book

A long time friend has decided to write a book, but she is having trouble getting started. I decided to help her and anyone else in the same boat by offering some suggestions.I never started out with the intention of being a writer, it just happened when the time was right. So these are my suggestions for my friend.

First begin with a working title. It can always be changed later. I always use my computer to write because it makes it simple to edit as you go. You need a strong first sentence to capture the attention of readers. You also need a good ending sentence to cause readers to think for themselves.

Now then, the first thing I would do is come up with a simple outline. Do you want to use chapters or just write as your words flow? I usually don't use an index because it takes up unwanted space. Always pay attention to messages that come out of the blue. They could be from your guide or soul mind, meant to help you. Another always is don't be afraid to use real life experiences to illustrate your thoughts. 

Read your work as a reader, not as a writer. If it doesn't make sense, change it. Just pretend you are talking to a friend. 

Those are my basic suggestions, now to see if she actually gets started with her book!

No comments:

Post a Comment