Friday, July 21, 2023

Use you brain

We have been trying to deal with close to 100 degree temperatures without air conditioning. My son had someone come to give us an estimate. It would cost several thousand dollars, which I don't have. There is a swamp cooler siting on my roof that hasn't been used for several years because it kept overflowing. There was no way I was going to climb up on the roof, even if I could fix it. I knew I had to do something before we died of heat stroke.

I called Chavez Plumbing to see if they could work on it. I had used them for years for plumbing problems, but I didn't expect a call back within two hours. Demetrio Chavez was at our door and within an hour or so had the swamp cooler running. It apparently pays to know people! The cold air feels great and I am sure the dogs appreciate it as much as we do. I didn't have a problem paying the $300 it cost as opposed to several thousand it would have cost for an air conditioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment