Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Living forever

I wonder if some people think they will live forever? They apparently have little consideration for those they leave behind. My father, mother and ex-husband belonged to that group. None of them even left a will, let alone an obituary. I, on the other hand, hope to have taken care of all that and more when the time comes for me to leave earth. It's not that I expect that to be soon, I just want to be sure my wishes are covered for those I leave behind. 

Thinking about what I may still wish to do led me to think about encouraging people to write their own obituary. Seriously, who knows you better than you do? I remember reading the one written for my ex-husband. My oldest son read it too and his first question was, "Who wrote this?" This train of thought led me to update mine. There were some changes I wanted to make. It is now tucked away with the other important documents I have created for when the time comes.. 

Perhaps I could connect with a local group of senior citizens and encourage people to write their own obituaries while there is still time.

No comments:

Post a Comment