Friday, March 23, 2018

Until the end

Following my strong intuition I just watched the movie, Irreplaceable You. I found I could relate to the main character.The movie was about a thirty something woman who was diagnosed with cancer. I had the same diagnosis in 1989. I am very grateful for my positive outcome, due to an excellent surgeon and catching it early. My personal experience caused me to easily relate to this story.

Everyone faces their death in their own way. The young woman had a relationship with the love of her life and tried to program his life for the probability that she would soon leave him on his own. She also had an older friend who had terminal cancer and was trying to help her cope with the time she had left to live her life. One of his lines got my attention and made me laugh. It was, "I've been dying longer than you have". Perhaps I just have a strange sense of humor.

I watched with interest how the participants of her cancer therapy group had such different approaches to their situations. Even though their deaths were eminent they chose a variety of coping methods. 

One of the lines her boyfriend spoke was, "You can't make me okay". How right he was!

Perhaps the lesson I was supposed to get from watching this movie was, we can't live someone's life for them no matter how much we love them. We can only live our own life until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment