Friday, March 30, 2018

A day of gratitude

Yesterday I began thinking about Easter and Good Friday in particular. I spent many years as a Catholic mostly to support a spouse. In recent years I have realized I have always had a strong personal relationship with my Creator and have no need for man made traditions; including a building or a man behind a pulpit interpreting what that means to me.

I never quite got the "Jesus died for your sins" idea. I know that God the father did not make junk and that includes me.I do believe in the Holy Trinity and after recently reading The Shack I have a better understanding of those entities.

I read a friend's Facebook post this morning that put new meaning into good Friday and perhaps the whole Easter weekend. She suggested that today be a day for gratitude and appreciation and I agree. When I look back on my 80 years of life I am very grateful for where I am today and the struggles I have faced to get here. I look with appreciation not only for the guidance I have had but at myself for where I have landed on this Good Friday 2018.

On Easter Sunday I won't be celebrating in a fancy building wearing new clothes, but I will be wearing a new attitude which began today with a day of gratitude and appreciation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment