Sunday, August 9, 2026

Memores

 Let's start from the beginning. I was bon in Ketchikan, Alaska in 1937. Everything was going smoothly. until about 1942. That was the anniversary of my first surgery. It was in Olympia General Hospital. I remember a nurse telling my mother I probably wouldn't survive.My memories of that surgery were of first of all being left outside of the surgery room by myself. Next I was moved inside and was sitting on someone's lap. I was told to decide if I wanted to go back and live my life or go with the person I was talking to. I chose to live my life.

As a result I have had 11surgries, including one for cancer. I have been married twice, neither one happy and have three grown children. Only one of them still speaks to me. I must have done something right!

The question I am asking myself today is, dd I make a mistake?  

No comments:

Post a Comment