Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Relationships

I am just finishing a wonderful Kindle book, "The Mother I Could Have Been", by Kerry Fisher. Lately I am finding that there is a good reason why I have been led to books I am choosing to read. This is an excellent book for anyone who has lost touch with their children for one reason or another. Although the details are different, I have no trouble relating to the plot.

I just found a laughable quote about raising children that I want to share. It was, "No one has any idea. Everyone is just throwing mud at the wall and hoping some good sticks. If they are lucky they end up with kids who aren't a danger to society."

I don't know any perfect mothers. Everyone makes mistakes on the journey to raising their children. I know I am not the only one who has experienced a relationship that has come to an end. Something toward the end of of this book really got my attention. The daughter was looking for her mother after many years of non-communication and discovered she was no longer living. It caused me to wonder how my relatives would feel under those similar conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment