Friday, July 30, 2021

Giving

Awhile ago someone donated yarn to Cibola Hospital. I got a call from administration to ask if I wanted it. I said yes as I have been making baby blankets and baby beanies for maternity for some time. It is hard to find yarn here. What I got was not baby yarn but four ply yarn so I decided to use what I could to make baby blankets. I have finished two and am about half way though the third one. I hope to finish this weekend so I can take them to the hospital.

As I was crocheting this morning I was thinking about my maternal grandmother and think she would be very proud of my efforts. I remember all the things she made and donated to the Shrine children's hospital when I was growing up. I loved unrolling the ball of yarn as she worked on a project. 

My grandmother was a giver and I may have followed in her footsteps. Giving away things I have created makes me happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment