Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Cookies anyone?

After making a batch of fudge this morning I am in the mood to make a few cookies. Since I don't have little ones under my feet anymore I probably won't make rolled sugar cookies this year. As there are still 15 more days until Christmas I could still change my mind. Checking over some tried and true recipes I would like to share a couple that are a bit unusual. Neither takes a whole lot of effort or very many ingredients.

Potato Chip Cookies

1 cup margarine or butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup crushed potato chips, 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1/2 cup nuts.

Cream butter & sugar, add vanilla, gradually add flour & nuts, fold in chips. Drop by teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 350 oven for 10 minutes until golden brown.

Sesame Wafers

2 cups flour, 1/2 tsp soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 cup butter or margarine, 1 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup sesame seeds. (you could probably use any small seed)

Sift together flour, soda, salt. Cream butter & sugar until fluffy, beat in egg & vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Chill dough for several hours until firm enough to handle. Roll a tsp full at a time into balls then roll into sesame seeds. Place 2" apart on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake in 350 oven for 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

I have successfully used both of these recipes for many years. The second one was found in 1950 something in a Family Circle magazine. Just goes to show if you wait long enough everything comes back!

No comments:

Post a Comment