Thursday, March 3, 2011

Keep Dreaming

"Dreaming is the inspiration that leads to more".~Abraham
It is the reason we are never satisfied with what we have. When what we manifest is realized it is time to keep dreaming. This is not to say that we are not supposed to be grateful for what we have. Gratitude is the first step to an abundant life.

It makes me laugh when I think of a comment a priest made many years ago, while attempting to instruct me on Catholic beliefs. He said,"You are a dreamer." At the time I reacted as if it was a kind put down, somewhat like "grow up" or "get real".
Today I would tell Father Bob, "You are absolutely right!"

Dreaming is the reason I AM exactly where I am. I have always been grateful for what I have, even before I knew it was the right thing to do. Dreams do not usually manifest overnight. There is a little catch referred to as paying one's dues. I have more than paid mine and now it is time to collect on those dreams still dangling out there in space. They belong to me don't you dare touch them!

Anything we can dream is possible and dreaming doesn't require the help of anyone else. I love Robert Kennedy's quote "I dream of things that never were and ask why not?". A close second is "to dream the impossible dream, that is my quest" from Man of La Mancha and "if you don't have a dream how you gonna make a dream come true?" from South Pacific.

It is funny to think about all the steps that were necessary for me to take to be me, right here on this day in my life. I am in no way finished because I know that when those dangling dreams are realized it will simply signify it is time to dream some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment