Monday, April 12, 2010

Barbie vs. G.I. Joe

Did that title grab your attention? It got the attention of Science Fair judges when my daughter used it in High School. Her “Behavioral” project explored the preface that males and females possess different ways of learning math. To brag a little she won first place in her category and went on to State.

I took the liberty of reversing the title for personal reasons, not that I think women are more special than men; it’s just that I AM one. Even though I now know that both sexes are “one” with the universe, I believe they do learn differently simply because their life experiences are different right from the start. Typically men are supposed to be stronger and women weaker, but I think the world is changing.

It seems to me things are a little more balanced than they used to be. Women are out there doing things that no one ever thought they could do and men are getting in touch with their softer side and are feeling more. Women are realizing they were never meant to be servants. Personally I believe this is a good thing.

I really get upset with both men and women, who because they made a bad choice or two, bash the entire opposite sex. That is just wrong and a waste of positive opportunities to find true love and happiness. They carry the bad seeds with them long after the experience has ended and the act often carries on to their children, tainting yet another generation.

It would be nice if women and men could experience the experience, learn the lesson and use it to move on in a positive direction. Can’t we just recognize the fact that we do learn differently and celebrate that difference instead of declaring war on each other? It just requires a little more patience and understanding on both parts. Male or female we all come from the same place and our purpose is to spread love not hate.

While editing this post I saw that there was one little snag to my perfect world. When one of the two entities refuses to make any effort for a positive solution it makes the goal very difficult to accomplish. Difficult, but not impossible, for nothing is impossible when the motive is peace and pure love.

No comments:

Post a Comment